Advanced Diploma of Civil Construction
CRICOS CODE 106126E
Advanced Diploma of Civil Construction is very valued within Civil Construction, Mining and seam Gas industries.
This qualification reflects the role of managers working in Civil construction who perform tasks that are broad, specialised, complex and technical and include strategic areas and initiating activities.They are liable for the establishment of the location management systems, plans and policies and are required to demonstrate self-directed application of theoretical and technical knowledge and initiate solutions to technical problems or management requirements.
Successful completion of this course will equip them with the knowledge and skills to contribute to the capacity of civil and structural engineering and related industries to take care of their competitiveness during a global marketplace.
- Engineering technical assistant
- Engineering designer
- Civil construction project manager
- Civil Engineering Draftsperson
- Civil Engineering Design Draftsperson
- Civil Engineering Technician
- Road Design Draftsperson
- Sewage Reticulation Drafting Officer
- Structural Engineering Drafting Officer
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- English language competency to successfully communicate and complete the course as per published entry requirements
- Have sub Class 500 Student Visa (In case of International Students).
- People of mature age (over 21) who have not completed Year 12 will be considered for enrolment in this course. Their eligibility will be assessed on a case by case basis considering their work experience and aptitude.
- Participate in a course entry interview to determine suitability for the course and student needs (if required).
Using computer-aided design (CAD) software including AutoCAD and REVIT to produce detailed drawings, plans and designs for construction work, you will develop skills in:
- Project and risk management
- Preparing civil designs
- Managing civil works
- Developing construction management skills
- Lead and manage teams
- Manage the civil works design process
- Establish and maintain a quality system
Mode of Delivery
In each term at least one unit is taught face to face. This full-time course is delivered in a blended mode for 20 hours plus 10 hours per week self-study during the term.
Trainer led: Blended training 75% Face-to- Face and 25% Online.
Face-to-face: Trainer led sessions in a classroom setting combined with in-class experiential activities
Online: Moodle based Assessment Tasks.
Delivery Location: 13/61-67, Haldon St, Lakemba, NSW 2195 Australia.
Core units of competency
|BSBPMG632||Manage program risk|
|BSBTWK502||Manage team effectiveness|
|BSBWHS616||Apply safe design principles to control WHS risks|
|RIICWD601E||Manage civil works design processes|
|RIIQUA601E||Establish and maintain a quality system|
Electives Group A
|BSBESB406||Establish operational strategies and procedures for new business ventures|
|BSBOPS601||Develop and implement business plans|
|BSBPMG530||Manage project scope|
|BSBPMG531||Manage project time|
|BSBPMG532||Manage project quality|
|BSBPMG533||Manage project cost|
|BSBPMG534||Manage project human resources|
|BSBPMG535||Manage project information and communication|
|BSBPMG537||Manage project procurement|
|BSBPMG540||Manage project integration|
|BSBSTR601||Manage innovation and continuous improvement|
|RIIBEF601E||Conduct business negotiations|
|RIIBEF604E||Conduct a feasibility study|
Electives Group B
|RIICWD507D||Prepare detailed geotechnical design|
|RIICWD509E||Prepare detailed design of urban roads|
|RIICWD510E||Prepare detailed design of busways|
|RIICWD512E||Prepare detailed design of motorways and interchanges|
|RIICWD520E||Prepare detailed design of rigid pavements|
|RIICWD526E||Prepare detailed traffic analysis|
|RIICWD528E||Prepare detailed design of traffic management systems|
|RIICWD532E||Prepare detailed design of tunnels|
|RIICWD533E||Prepare detailed design of civil concrete structures|
|RIICWD534E||Prepare detailed design of civil steel structures|
|RIICWD535E||Prepare detailed design of civil timber structures|
|RIICWD536E||Prepare detailed design of civil masonry, crib and gabion structures|
|RIILAT402E||Provide leadership in the supervision of diverse work teams|