Every Thursday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
CPR/HLTAID001: AUD 70
HLTAID003/Provide First Aid: Aud 130
Senior First Aid/ HLTAID004: Aud 160
Learn 5 Basic First Aid Procedures to Face Emergency Situations
You are reading this article because you want to learn the basic first aid procedures. Am I right? GREAT! Yep, it’s a GREAT idea, I can say from my personal experience. Learning the basic first aid skills can save a life facing emergency situations as I could do.
A few days ago, one of my cousins suddenly fell down unconscious. I could feel he got the victim of cardiac arrest as I had an experience of doing a CPR Training Course. Instantly, I started pressing his chest hard and fast. And it worked amazingly as I found him breathing after 4 or 5 compressions.
After that incident, I felt I can help many people who fall on such a life-threatening crisis with my basic first aid knowledge. That’s the reason I am sharing my experience here. What can you do instantly when anyone falls on any unwanted crisis before getting medical treatment? Let’s know……!!
When someone gets victim of heart attack or cardiac arrest and drop down unconscious, do you know what you should do immediately? If yes, it’s fantastic. But if not, you should do the followings which may save your beloved one from any risk, even death.
The first thing you should do instantly when you find someone is getting burnt is to stop burning as soon as possible. Then what you should do-
· Hold the burned area under the cool running water for a few minutes. But don’t use ice. If you don’t find running water, then go for the still water.
· Cover the burnt area with light gauze bandage or clean cloth. Never use anything which can cause an infection like butter, ointments, oil, and toothpaste.
· Give the victim a pain reliever like ibuprofen, acetaminophen if it is necessary.
· Never try to break down any bleb when it is found. If you do it, it will be infected.
· Seek for doctor’s help when you find the victim suffers from severe pain, blister, fever or oozing.
· If it is severely burnt, call 911 without any delay for emergency medical services.
The Basic First Aid for Fractures
If you find someone gets broken his any bone (fracture), a basic first aid can bring him great relief. What you can do-
Bleeding should be controlled whether it is mild or severe. Sometimes, we get mild bleeding controlled naturally. But what can you do when severe bleeding is not controlled as it may lead to death? Here are few steps you can take to stop the bleeding immediately-
Choking is very painful as the victim faces difficulty with breathing or can’t speak. Your few steps can bring him comfort quickly.
Now you know well how to face emergency situations with your basic first aid skills. These basic first aid procedures may not enough for advanced service but they are cool things, yup, they are cool things to avoid the risk of death.
But if you want to be an expert or enriched your first aid skills to assi
st an injured or ill person during a variety of emergency situations, you can do a CPR Training Course. It will certainly increase your value.